I’ve been eating way too much cacao lately! Cacao is very inspiring, motivating and heart opening for me so sometimes I can use that as a little bit of an excuse to eat more of it to get inspiration for my work. But there always comes a time that I realize that I need to settle down a lot on the cacao and reduce it right down or perhaps even cut it out completely. So when Casey sent over this recipe for raw carob ice-cream, I knew this was a sign to put the cacao away for a bit and get back into carob! Enjoy Casey’s recipe…
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 an avocado
- 100 grams of baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons of raw or pure carob powder
- 1.5 cups of water
- 2 trays of ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 droppers of liquid stevia or about 40 drops (you can use a lot more as this was not overly sweet. You could also use vanilla stevia, chocolate stevia or chocolate raspberry stevia if you like)
Blend all ingredients together until it forms a thick, smooth, soft ice cream consistency. If you don’t have a high powered blender like a Blendtec or Vitamix, you might want to add more water and enjoy it as a thinner soup (it will still be fantastic!). Or try blending in parts.
You could add some frozen blueberries to the ice cream to enjoy on top, or some coconut chips, banana slices or some cinnamon. Or just eat it plain and then like I did.